Harborside at Atlantis: Paradise Island, Bahamas
When it comes to that tropical beach vacation you’ve always dreamed about, there’s one location like no other: the islands of The Bahamas. Paradise Island is a great one to choose, as it in many ways epitomizes that Bahamian feel. Famous actually because of the stunning resort complex of Atlantis, Paradise Island offers guests of the resort a luxurious and serene experience, with plenty to do and even more to simply take in. There’s so much, in fact, that you could spend time you need to use elsewhere getting lost in the details of the island—or, of course, you could let us do the work for you, and read our helpful tips about Paradise Island, as well as our picks for the island’s highlights, below. Then you can kick back, relax, and enjoy knowing what to do when you visit your Atlantis Bahamas timeshare!
Highlights of Atlantis Paradise Island: Activities
Aside from Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island itself and its popular (for a reason) timeshare, Harborside at Atlantis in the Bahamas, there’s plenty to do on this stunning, 685-acre island just off Nassau’s exciting shore. Here are some of your options:
- Visit the beaches—they’re some of the most breathtaking in the world.
- Plan a wedding—Harborside Resort Bahamas weddings are sought after, indeed.
- Try some watersports with the family—whether you want to snorkel, SCUBA dive or perhaps Jet-ski, you’ll be covered. It is an island, after all!
- Check out the local food—a wide range of delicious options are available.
- Play a game or two of golf—the island hosts championship courses.
- Treat yourself to a shopping trip—even when you’re relaxing on an island, sometimes some gold old fashioned shopping is just what you need to relax.
- Pamper yourself at a luxurious spa—on an island where everything is so beautiful it’s hard not to be relaxed, taking a moment to indulge can make all the difference. Massages are all the more restorative when they’re given on a white sand beach
- Test your luck in the casinos—the sun may go down, but you won’t have to stop!
- Take in some of the local culture—the scene on Paradise Island is a colorful one to stop and notice—brimming with music and great food and simply full of exciting history, this piece of the archipelago that is the Bahamas can offer a stirring new perspective.
Top 3 Things to Know Before Visiting Paradise Island or Atlantis Harborside Bahamas:
- Bahamian dollars and US dollars are equivalent. US dollars are accepted on the island, as are most major credit cards.
- The local dialect is distinct and fascinating, with African, English, Southern US and island influences all blending to make it what it is—but you won’t have to struggle to understand the natives. Not only is English spoken, the quirky words you’ll hear are easy to pick up, and the different pronunciations that might otherwise throw you are actually very intuitive.
- You will need a passport to visit, but you won’t need adapters for small appliances.
For more information about Paradise Island or Atlantis Harborside Resort Bahamas, check out www.nassauparadiseisland.com and www.atlantis.com.